ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 is a new member of the ZuluSCSI product family, powered by the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s RP2040 microcontroller, a dual-core
133MHz ARM Cortex-M0+ processor
ZuluSCSI Compact synchronous and asynchronous transfers, with read speeds up to ten megabytes per second. A SCSI controller with FAST SCSI and synchronous mode is required to achieve maximum speeds.
This ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 uses a microSD card socket, is pre-flashed with firmware, and hand-tested. All surface-mount components are factory-assembled, and the SCSI interface on the board has been tested to ensure full functionality.ZuluSCSI is a new generation of file-based SCSI HDD & CD-ROM emulators, and represents a fusion of SCSI2SD V5, V6, and concepts from other open source SCSI emulators. Hard drive and CD-ROM drive images are stored on a standard FAT32 or exFAT-formatted SD card. The ZuluSCSI firmware looks for file names which adhere to a simple but powerful naming convention, and presents them as the drives to the SCSI host. Each image file represents a SCSI drive.ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 board dimensions are 90mm by 60mm
- Emulates up to 7 SCSI devices simultaneously, including CD-ROM
- Speaks both SCSI-1 and SCSI-2
- SCSI Termination is hard-enabled by default, unless you remove the thick-film resistors, and replace them with resistor packs mounted in a DIP socket
- Firmware upgrade simplicity; As easy as placing a file on the SD card.
- Highly configurable using a text-based ini file, zuluscsi.ini
- External LED pin header for attaching remote LEDs.
- Designed to be powered via SCSI termination power, when provided by the host
- Optional DB25 pin header for direct installation of an external SCSI connector, in addition to the Single-Ended 50 pin IDC connector
- Identical dimensions and mounting holes as that of SCSI2SD V5.1, V5.2, and V6, making it compatible with many existing SCSI2SD-specific mounting solutions
- 74LVTH125 SCSI bus transceivers